Esteemed Lawyers of America (ELOA) is a group of the most highly respected attorneys in the country. We believe in the youth of America and we understand the hard work and dedication that goes into the American dream. A great education is a vital part of making that dream a reality, but unfortunately, that is a costly endeavor. In today’s day and age, it is hard to pay for advanced education and unfortunately, financial aid isn’t enough. Most students have no choice but to rely on student loans that must be paid back with interest. Student loan payments are difficult when a person is just beginning their career. If not for a helping hand, the dream of an education becomes intangible and fleeting.
ELOA believes it is a privilege to help the future generations of our nation, and we ease the stress of paying for school by offering this free scholarship. There is no fee to apply and the money is yours to keep with no repayment. Seeking a college education can be overwhelming. This financial gift will help a student concentrate more on their education and less on paying for it.
Whatever your career goals are, we want to support you. In order to apply for this scholarship, there are a few requirements that you must meet. We feel that all of our youth deserve an opportunity to get an education and that money should not be a deciding factor
To apply for the 2017 ELOA Scholarship, all students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a permanent or legal U.S. citizen
- Must have made less than $35K in the year 2016
- Must maintain an email address and Facebook profile that is active
- Currently enrolled as undergraduate or graduate student (part or full-time)
Topics for the 2017 ELOA Scholarship
To be considered for the scholarship, you must complete a written or video essay about one of the below topics:
- What is the biggest educational obstacle you have faced and how has it made you a better person?
- Is there a particular activity that you feel personifies you as an individual and what do you love about that activity?
- What is the most life-changing decision that you have ever made?
- If you could pick 3 people in history to have dinner with, who would you pick and why?
- What is your favorite book and why?
Instructions for the Scholarship Essay
All scholarship essays must be original and not copied whatsoever. They must be fully typed with single spacing and 12-pt font, and submitted as a Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX) or PDF (.PDF) file.
Instructions for the Video Essay
If you would like to submit a video instead of a written essay, you must follow the below instructions:
- Video needs to be between 3 and 10 min.
- Must include a link to the video online.
- Must have full name in video and file name.
How to Submit Your Video or Written Application
Deadline for submission: June 1, 2017
- Send your written or video via email to: [email protected]
- Make sure the subject is “ELOA Scholarship Application”
- Along with your submission, make you include your full name, age, mailing address, and your Facebook URL.
- Pay attention to your email for winner notification if selected.
The winner will be emailed 1 week after the deadline and mailed a $500 check.
FAQs About The 2017 ELOA Scholarship
How many times can I submit an application?
Just one time.
Does my GPA need to be really high?
There is no GPA requirement, but we encourage all applicants to have a 3.0 or higher.
Is there a way to check the status of my application?
If you need to check on the status of your application, please only use email to contact us.
I don’t have an email account, can I still apply?
We strongly encourage you to create a free email account with Gmail or Yahoo. Otherwise, we have no way of contacting you should you win.
Can I submit both a video and written essay?
We will only accept one or the either. If you want to make a video after submitting a written essay (or vice versa), we will accept only re-submission, but only 1 time. In addition, if you’ve made an error in your initial submission, we will accept a re-submission. Again, we will only accept a re-submission once.